Purpose Vision & Values
Respect in the Workplace
How We Are Governed
- Our Boards
- Our Committees
- Annual General Meeting
- Governance Responsibilitites
- Conflict of Interest
- Evaluation and Compensation
Our Senior Management
Our Site Management
Client Services Management Team
Property Management Team
Funeral Management Team
Pre-planning Management Team
- Fiscal 2016 Annual Review
- Fiscal 2015 Annual Review
- Fiscal 2014 Annual Review
- Fiscal 2013 Annual Review
- 2011 Annual Review
- 2010 Annual Review
- Fiscal 2016 Financial Statement
- Fiscal 2015 Financial Statement
- Fiscal 2014 Financial Statement
- Fiscal 2013 Financial Statement
Careers at MPG
Protecting Your Privacy
MPGC Corporate Bylaws
Interested applicants may forward their resumes to:Mount Pleasant Group
500-65 Overlea Boulevard
Toronto, ON. M4H 1P1
The Mount Pleasant Group is committed to providing equitable opportunities to all applicants and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We will provide accommodation in recruitment as needed. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Landscape / Grounds Maintenance / General LabourOur Property Services team is looking for motivated Seasonal Employees to assist with maintaining the grounds of several of our properties within the Greater Toronto Area.
- Beechwood Cemetery – Vaughan’s Jane Street and Hwy 407 area
- Elgin Mills Cemetery – Richmond Hill’s Leslie Street and Elgin Mills Road area
- Mount Pleasant Cemetery – Toronto’s Yonge Street and St. Clair Avenue area
- Meadowvale Cemetery – Brampton’s Mavis Road and Hwy 407 area
- Pine Hills Cemetery – Scarborough’s St. Clair Avenue and Birchmount Road area
- Prospect Cemetery – Toronto’s St. Clair Avenue and Dufferin Street area
- Thornton Cemetery – Oshawa’s Thornton Road and Taunton Road area
- York Cemetery Cemetery – North York’s Yonge Street and Sheppard Avenue area
Duties may include:
- General lawn care (cutting, trimming, re-grading, sodding);
- Weed removal;
- Hand clipping of shrubs and small trees;
- Maintain cleanliness of cemetery grounds;
- Operate equipment as assigned;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid Ontario Class G2 Driver’s Licence, or better, and acceptable driving record;
- Able to perform physical labour and operate light equipment;
- Able to work outdoors in various weather conditions;
- Able to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions;
- Experience in gardening, landscape, and/or construction is an asset.
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm;
- 40 hours per week.
- $13.66 + vacation pay (4%).
- Spring to Fall - approximately 16 weeks, generally starting in May.
Please send an updated resume and indicate your preferred work location
Email: email@example.com; Fax: 416-696-9325
Assistant Manager, Family Service — Acting Assignment (up to 12 months) with Permanent Full-time Potential
Locations: Meadowvale and York Cemeteries
The Successfull Candidate Will be Required to:
- Maintain a high standard of customer service through the organization and supervision of staff;
- Work within established policies, practices and procedures;
- Assist the Family Service Manager and Business Unit Managers in the work direction of staff, including employee relations, day-to-day administration and performance management;
- Assist the Family Service Manager in preparing the annual operating budget for the cemetery and operate within the approved budget;
- Prepare for and facilitate staff and team meetings;
- Perform administrative duties such as monthly reporting, follow-up with suppliers, approving grave and cremation orders, etc.;
- Sell interment rights, markers, inscriptions, cremation and all ancillary services if required;
- Travel between work locations in the GTA;
- Perform any related sundry activities as assigned.
Weekly Hours of Work:
- 37.5 Hours.
- College Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Organized and efficient problem solving skills;
- Experience in customer service;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team;
- Working knowledge of Windows and MS Office;
- A valid Ontario “G” Driver’s License and a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract.
Please forward application as follows:
firstname.lastname@example.org or by confidential fax: 416-696-9325