Section K, Lot 730
Jack Fraser founded Jack Fraser Stores Limited, offering men’s and boy’s wear in Toronto’s east-end in 1926. The store quickly became established for its superior value to the customer, and by the 1950s there were 17 stores across south-central Ontario. Jack Fraser also offered its selection in the Boys and Menswear departments of Woolco stores, giving it coast to coast exposure, and the chain grew to 23 Jack Fraser stores located principally in shopping malls. Jack Fraser died in 1960, at the age of 67, but the Jack Fraser stores and name lived on. In July, 1967 Grafton and Co., also well-known in the province of Ontario with eight stores, purchased Jack Fraser Stores Limited and became Grafton-Fraser Limited. Over the years, the company went through many changes, merges, acquisitions, etc., until in 2005 the Company made the decision to retire the Jack Fraser name and rename all Jack Fraser stores Tip Top Tailors, finding that the Tip Top Tailors name was more recognizable. In cities where both a Jack Fraser and a Tip Top Tailors were present, the more profitable of the two stores stayed open and, where necessary, changed its name to Tip Top Tailors. Today there are over 100 Tip Top Tailors across Canada in all provinces except Quebec and Prince Edward Island.
Pine Hills Cemetery