Protecting Your Privacy
Purpose, Mission and Guiding Principles
Respect in the Workplace
How We Are Governed
- Our Boards
- Our Committees
- Annual General Meeting
- Governance Responsibilities
- Conflict of Interest
- Evaluation and Compensation
Our Senior Management
Our Site Management
Client Services Management Team
Property Management Team
Funeral Management Team
Pre-planning Management Team
Year in Review Editions
Careers at MPG
Protecting Your Privacy
Feedback and Complaint Process
MPGC Corporate Bylaws
Committed to Privacy
Mount Pleasant Group (MPG) respects customers’ right to privacy, and we are committed to taking measures that protect the privacy of personal information held by us.
Our privacy commitment meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set out in the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation as well as the Canadian Marketing Association’s Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
How We Use Information
When customers provide us with personal information, it helps us better serve their needs. We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To set up, administer and deliver the products and services customers have arranged to purchase from us;
- To provide customers with ongoing service;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- To introduce customers to related products and services offered by the Mount Pleasant Group;
- To understand customers’ needs and preferences in order to develop products, programs and services that better meet those needs.
Trust is earned when information offered in confidence, remains in confidence. We do not disclose personal information for purposes other than for those which it was collected, except as required by law. Furthermore, we do not provide, rent or sell personal information to any third party organisation or individuals other than our affiliated companies, suppliers and agents who work on our behalf to provide customers with the products and services that will best meet their needs.
Finally, personal information is held only as long as it is deemed necessary and relevant to the purposes for which it was intended.
To ensure that personal information is held secure and is used in accordance with applicable federal and/or provincial privacy legislation, we have established a Privacy Officer. The Privacy Officer has the responsibility for co-ordinating overall privacy protection and compliance with the federal and/or provincial privacy laws in place. The Privacy Officer is located at Mount Pleasant Group, Suite 500, 65 Overlea Boulevard, Toronto, Ontario M4H 1P1
Providing us with Consent
During the course of our business relationships with customers, we will obtain their consent to collect and use personal information in the manner outlined in this policy. If customers wish to rescind this consent at any time, this can be done by contacting the Privacy Officer:
- The Mount Pleasant Group, Attention: Privacy Officer
Suite 500, 65 Overlea Boulevard, Toronto, Ontario M4H 1P1
- Phone the Privacy office at 416-696-7866
- E-mail the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org