Plot Q, Lot 407
Mount Pleasant Cemetery, Toronto
The William Neilson Company was established on Gladstone Avenue in west-central Toronto by young Almonte, Ontario-born William Neilson, in 1893. Following William’s death in 1915, his eldest son, Morden, became president. In 1948, following Morden’s death, Neilson’s was sold to the George Weston Company and Charles Neilson, William’s second eldest son, took over the presidency. After Charles’ death in 1951, William’s youngest boy, Allen, became president. This accounts for the familiar Neilson corporate script appearing on the memorial stone. Allen Neilson died on September 3, 1971.
Mount Pleasant Cemetery: An Illustrated Guide
Second Edition Revised and Expanded