John Hogg

Plot L, Section 13, Lot 5
Mount Pleasant Cemetery, Toronto

John Hogg, who died on December 14, 1870 (six years before Mount Pleasant Cemetery accepted its first burials), was one of two brothers (William was the other) who opened a subdivision on the property formerly owned by the father, James Hogg. The new development became known as Hogg’s Hollow. John and four other members of the Hogg family were re-interred in Mount Pleasant Cemetery on May 13, 1884.

Mike Filey
Mount Pleasant Cemetery: An Illustrated Guide
Second Edition Revised and Expanded

 Story Archives »