Section S, Lot 4
Born in Scotland in 1804; arrived in Upper Canada in 1824; obtained work as a landscape gardener; opened a nursery and store in the Front and Sherbourne part of Toronto in 1837; moved out to Kingston Road (now called Queen Street East) in 1843 and opened a 150-acre nursery. A community soon developed nearby that was officially named Leslieville in 1858, joining the city in 1884. The main north-south concession road, 1¼ miles east of Yonge Street became Leslie Street. He died on June 24, 1893.