Isaac Hutchinson

Section H, Lot 137
Toronto Necropolis

Isaac Hutchinson and his wife, the daughter of John Charlton of Cumberland, England, came to York in 1818, where he opened a blacksmith’s shop on the corner of Duke and Ontario Streets (150 Duke Street), and also bought a parcel of land at 120 Duke Street (now Adelaide Street East) where they set up residence. Isaac carried on blacksmithing until 1832 when he died. He was originally interred in Potter’s Field, but moved to the Necropolis in 1857.

 Story Archives »